Roll up sides Q&A & Videos
Roll up side wall considerationsYou can also watch them all on our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBUPJhbi2DLs0UYSo0FRwwi0pMo51PV80
Our white plastic is available in widths of 24′, 32′, 40′ and 48′. Our clear plastic is available in widths of 25′, 28′, 32′, 36′, 40′, and 48′. Our white tarp is available in any width you require, but we stock widths of 25′, 32′, and 36′ and the green tarp is also available in any width you require but we stock it in 32′ wide. We sell these in 5′ lengths, and a roll is 100′ long. Please see our covering options page for more info.
We also offer an infra-red coating as well as an additional anti-condensate coating on our plastic covers. Plastic can also come with an anti condensate coating which will reduce or eliminate dripping in your greenhouse. This is a detergent additive which will eventually work itself out of the plastic. This happens more quickly if you have very high humidity levels in your greenhouse. The cost is roughly 10% more then regular 6 mil plastic and is only available in full rolls (100′ or more). This plastic has an inside and outside so care must be taken to install properly.
One other variation on greenhouse plastic is with an IR (infra-red) coating. This plastic comes with an anti condensate coating as standard. It is a more elastic and weaker plastic so it is generally only used as an inside layer in a double layer application. This plastic can reduce your heat loss by up to 20% over a regular double poly installation. Even though this plastic has a hazy look to it, the light transmission properties are actually a couple percentage points better. The cost is roughly 25% more then regular plastic and is only available in full rolls (100′ or more). This plastic does not have an inside or outside. Please call Norm to specifically inquire about more information regarding these special coatings.
RECYCLING YOUR OLD GREENHOUSE PLASTIC OPTIONS
(please note MSS does not endorse or finance any of the following options, this information is meant as a guide only.)
CPIA Member – Recyclers:
- EFS-Plastics Inc., Martin Vogt, 63 Union Street, Elmira, ON N3B 2Y3 Tel. 519.669.4011
- Enviroplast Inc., Stephanie Charlebois, 11060, Parkway Blvd, Montreal, (Québec) H1J 1R6 Tel. 514.352.6060
- Kal-Trading, Gobi Saha, 2280 Drew Rd., Mississauga, ON L5S 1B8 Tel. 905.273.7400
- Nam Polymers Inc., 414 Attwell Drive, Etobicoke, ON M9W 5C3 Tel. 416.679.8765
- Nexcycle Plastics Inc., Joseph Lapierre, 235 Wilkinson Road, Brampton, ON L6T 4M2 Tel. 905.454.2666 ext. 238
- Norwich Plastics, Adam, Gosse, 400 Dolph St. N., Cambridge, ON, N3H 2A7 Tel. 519.653.7373
- Post Plastics Inc., 375 Frankcom St., Ajax, ON L1S 1R4 Tel. 905.683.1161
- Tangent Plastics Inc., Marco Cesari, 3266 Yonge St., Suite 1539, Toronto, ON, M4N 3P6 Tel. 938.9573
- West Coast Plastic Recycling Inc., Peter Bissada, Unit 215-7080 River Rd, Richmond V6X 1X5 Tel. 604.247.1664
- RecyclePlastics365.ca – Plastics recycling marketplace for buyers and sellers
- PlasticsMarkets.org – for recycled resins
- Vikoz Inc. – Plastic recycler that will pick-up plastic scrap anywhere in Canada or US
- Canadian and U.S. Recycled Plastics Market Database for buyers and sellers.
- Vinyl Recyclers Excel File.
- Plastic Bank (The)
- Sun Parlous Recycling Ltd – Tim Latam, Company has portable baler and travels to local farmers (200 mile radius) to bale agricultural film and greenhouse film. Tel: (519) 326-5908, web site: www.sunparlourrecycling.com