click here to download our small storage brochure! (please see pricing below)
Our 12-foot wide “Space-Saver” is a popular structure used for carports or garages. A 12-foot width accommodates most vehicles easily. The cover for this carport illustrated is a green U.V. treated 12 mil woven poly tarp. White is more commonly chosen because of added light and life span.
This versatile building is well suited for a variety of your storage needs. With 7 feet of headroom at 1 foot in from the sidewall, you can take advantage of more usable square footage (as compared to a “greenhouse” structure of similar dimensions). Also ideal for small recreational vehicles, garden furniture or even for a workshop. This structure is available in any length with widths ranging from 12 to 20 feet. Kits include tarp end coverings.
TARP vs. PLASTIC
The big difference is that with TARP you get extremely high tear resistance with good annual cover cost, and with PLASTIC you get slightly less life span but even less annual cover cost.
- Custom widths, heights & hoop spacing
- Roof vents & forced ventilation packages
- Various types & sizes of doors with end framing priced separately
- 8mm polycarbonate sheeting for roof and/or ends
- Roll up sides for natural ventilation & reduced condensation
- Cross ties for added rigidity, support or other storage
click here to download our small storage brochure! Please see pricing below and click to expand and print
Replacement White Tarp Cover for the Roof, 9-10 years
(sample examples, please call for your specific size)
20’x36′ Heavy High Profile $643
16’x36′ High Profile $572
16’x36′ Space Saver $572
12’x36′ Space Saver $500
**Please use these prices as a guide only (current as of January 2018)
& call for your custom quote, prices subject to change without notice**
Our prices exclude installation, foundation, end framing, freight & taxes unless otherwise specified. Please inquire with any concerns.
- We offer 12 mil woven tarp in white or green
- White lets in quite a bit of light but no sunshine so it’s cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter. White has an 8 year expected life span.
- Green absorbs quite a bit of heat, which makes it about 10°C warmer in the summer. With little or no light penetration it is 10°C colder in the winter. Green has a 6 year expected life span.
- 6 mil white plastic comes with a 4 year warranty against deterioration by the sun. Single layer plastic has a 5 year expected life span. Replacement cost is about 1/3 that of tarp.
- Double layer plastic with air between is available as a way to stiffen buildings in severely windy areas. Double layer has a 7-8 yr expected life span. Package includes inflator fan.
- All packages include one layer of cover for both ends
Structure Components & Details
- Base Brackets with 2 lag bolts each to attach to beam, curb, wall, etc (anchoring devices not included)
- Welded continuous ridge with U channel stubs at the prescribed hoop spacing according to local wind & snow load requirements
- Spacers between the hoops (2 per side on the larger buildings, 1 per side on the smaller buildings)
- Diagonal wind braces in each corner
- Wirelock to fasten the cover is composed of an aluminum channel with stainless steel spring inserts. It is included for both sets of end hoops. Sidewall wirelock is an optional extra.
- Choice between Base Bracket (included in pricing seen in brochure) or Anchor Posts for anchoring
- Anchor posts are an optional extra. These hollow steel tubes are 1 ¼ “ x 36” or 1 ¾ x 40”. There is one anchor post per hoop, usually set into concrete
- Anchor posts are not advisable for very heavy or stony ground because of shifting
- Anchoring the foundation is critical to the long term life of the building