click here to download our swimming pool brochure! (please see pricing below)
Enjoy your investment for more of the year by enclosing your pool in a greenhouse structure. This enclosure has a double roof cover and has been built on a short 2 foot wall to increase the sidewall height of the structure. There is an area of 4 feet on either side of the pool for walking. Ventilation is accomplished through door openings, or roll up sides are available.
Covering your pool gives you benefits other than extending your swimming season. It significantly reduces the amount of chlorine that is used during the season as well as the need to sweep your pool. Enjoy swimming without the mosquitoes! The typical package is sold with a double clear cover and a roll up side wall kit. The structure can be fastened directly to your deck or anchored beside the concrete. Consider placing the structure off center to create extra walking/lounging space along one side.
A covered pool reduces heating costs, chlorine use and sweeping time by 75%! Pool usage is increased dramatically as the swimming season is extended. A sauna or pool house can be added to the front of the building for additional benefits.
- Custom widths, heights & hoop spacing
- Roof vents & forced ventilation packages
- Various types & sizes of doors with end framing priced separately
- 8mm polycarbonate sheeting for roof and/or ends
- Roll up sides for natural ventilation & reduced condensation
- Cross ties for added rigidity, hanging baskets or other storage
click here to download our swimming pool brochure! Please see pricing below, click to expand and print
Replacement Double Clear Plastic for the Roof, 7-8 years
(sample examples, please call for your specific size)
30’x48′ regular profile $624
27’x48′ regular profile $520
24’x48′ regular profile $468
20’x48′ regular profile $416
**Please use these prices as a guide only (current as of June 2018) & call for your custom quote, prices subject to change without notice**
Our prices exclude installation, foundation, end framing, freight & taxes unless otherwise specified. Please inquire with any concerns.
- 6mil clear greenhouse plastic comes with a 4 year warranty against deterioration by the sun.
- Cold Frames are typically covered with a single layer poly and have a 5-6 year expected lifespan.
- Swimming Pool Enclosures are typically covered with a double layer poly and have a 7-8 year expected lifespan.
- Packages with double cover include an inflator fan. This kit includes hanger bracket with adaptor to fasten to the inside layer of the cover.
- Double layer poly with air between reduces heat loss by 30% and minimizes condensation. It is very effective for stiffening buildings in severely windy areas
- All packages include one layer of plastic for both ends
Structure Components & Details
- Base Brackets with 2 lag bolts each to attach to beam, curb, wall, etc (anchoring devices not included)
- Welded continuous ridge with U channel stubs at the prescribed hoop spacing according to local wind & snow load requirements
- Spacers between the hoops (2 per side on the larger buildings, 1 per side on the smaller buildings)
- Diagonal wind braces in each corner
- Wirelock to fasten the cover is composed of an aluminum channel with stainless steel spring inserts. It is included for both sets of end hoops. Sidewall wirelock is an optional extra.
Roll up Sides
- No electricity needed with simple hand crank & stop
- Variable height possibilities according to wind area
- Roll up sides work best in combination with end vents located near the peak
- Unique locking strip that is guaranteed not to slip or become out of alignment
- Choice between Base Bracket (included in pricing seen in brochure) or Anchor Posts for anchoring
- Anchor posts are an optional extra. These hollow steel tubes are 1 ¼ “ x 36” or 1 ¾ x 40”. There is one anchor post per hoop, usually set into concrete
- Anchor posts are not advisable for very heavy or stony ground because of shifting
- Anchoring the foundation is critical to the long term life of the building