click here to download our livestock shelter brochure! (please see pricing below)
Pictured is a 30′ wide structure mounted on a knee wall. The short wall keeps the animals away from the plastic while also increasing the sidewall height. This particular customer has had several years of success using this sort of housing for his sheep.
Animals thrive in a greenhouse environment benefiting from being dry, out of the wind and in the light, without being in the direct sun. There are a few options in covering to choose from. A typical kit is made from two layers of 6mil white poly and includes an inflator fan that blows air between the layers. This will reduce the condensation that the animals create. It also includes a single layer to cover each end and base brackets attach the structure to a wall. Roll up sides are added for easy natural ventilation. Usually customers attach a snow fence or netting to the inside of the arch if the structure is mounted to the ground, so the animals do not come in contact with the cover or run away when the sides are rolled up.
Alternately, a white tarp covering may be used instead of the double white poly, especially in situations where the animals are going in and out on their own accord when they require shelter.
TARP vs. DOUBLE PLASTIC
The big difference is that with TARP you get extremely high tear resistance with low annual cover cost, and with DOUBLE PLASTIC you get reduced temperature fluctuation & drip control while adding stiffness in high winds.
- Custom widths, heights & hoop spacing
- Roof vents & forced ventilation packages
- Various types & sizes of doors with end framing priced separately
- 8mm polycarbonate sheeting for roof and/or ends
- Roll up sides for natural ventilation & reduced condensation
- Cross ties for added rigidity, support or other storage
click here to download our livestock shelter brochure! Please see pricing below, click to enlarge and print
Replacement Double White Plastic Cover for the Roof, 7-8 years
(sample examples, please call for your specific size)
30’x72′ Regular Profile $1,008
27’x72′ Regular Profile $840
24’x72′ Regular Profile $756
20’x72′ Regular Profile $672
**Please use these prices as a guide only (current as of August 2018) & call for your custom quote, prices subject to change without notice **
Our prices exclude installation, foundation, end framing, freight & taxes unless otherwise specified. Please inquire with any concerns.
- 6mil white plastic comes with a 4 year warranty against deterioration by the sun.
- Greenhouse type structures are typically covered with a double layer white poly and have a 7-8 year expected lifespan.
- Packages with double cover include an inflator fan. This kit includes hanger bracket with adaptor to fasten to the inside layer of the cover.
- Double layer white poly with air between reduces heat loss by 30% and minimizes condensation. It is very effective for stiffening buildings in severely windy areas and reducing moisture produced by the animals. It also helps with temperature consistency
- All packages include one layer of plastic for both ends
Structure Components & Details
- Base Brackets with 2 lag bolts each to attach to beam, curb, wall, etc (anchoring devices not included)
- Welded continuous ridge with U channel stubs at the prescribed hoop spacing according to local wind & snow load requirements
- Spacers between the hoops (2 per side on the larger buildings, 1 per side on the smaller buildings)
- Diagonal wind braces in each corner
- Wirelock to fasten the cover is composed of an aluminum channel with stainless steel spring inserts. It is included for both sets of end hoops. Sidewall wirelock is an optional extra.
Roll up Sides
- No electricity needed with simple hand crank & stop
- Variable height possibilities according to wind area
- Roll up sides work best in combination with end vents located near the peak
- Unique locking strip that is guaranteed not to slip or become out of alignment
- Choice between Base Bracket (included in pricing seen in brochure) or Anchor Posts for anchoring
- Anchor posts are an optional extra. These hollow steel tubes are 1 ¼ “ x 36” or 1 ¾ x 40”. There is one anchor post per hoop, usually set into concrete
- Anchor posts are not advisable for very heavy or stony ground because of shifting
- Anchoring the foundation is critical to the long term life of the building