click here to download our large storage brochure! (please see pricing below)
As pictured here, our storage buildings can be set on a knee-wall or posts to give more sidewall and overall height to the structure. Our 30-foot wide building is a great size for hay or equipment storage (other widths available). It has a center height of 15′ and is available in any length that you may need. Our buildings can have very straight sidewalls for more interior space with or without putting it a wall.
The recommended covering is a 12 mil woven plastic tarp that is a three layer white, or green canvas. The white is more common and what MSS recommends because it lets in light, creating a more usable workspace inside, as well as not absorbing the heat, which creates a longer life expectancy. The dark green has faster deterioration as it absorbs the heat, and thus a shorter life expectancy. Both are UV treated to keep the sun from bleaching the contents.
TARP vs. PLASTIC
The big difference is that with TARP you get extremely high tear resistance with good annual cover cost, and with PLASTIC you get slightly less life span but even less annual cover cost.
- Custom widths, heights & hoop spacing
- Roof vents & forced ventilation packages
- Various types & sizes of doors with end framing priced separately
- 8mm polycarbonate sheeting for roof and/or ends
- Roll up sides for natural ventilation & reduced condensation, used when extra drying capacity or air movement is required
- Cross ties for added rigidity, support or other storage
click here to download our large storage brochure! Please see pricing below, click to expand and print
Replacement White Tarp for the Roof, 9-10 years
(sample examples, please call for your specific size)
30’x72′ Regular Profile $2,131
27’x72′ Regular Profile $1,776
24’x72′ Regular Profile $1598
20’x72′ Regular Profile $1,421
** Please use these prices as a guide only (current as of August 2019)
& call for your custom quote, prices subject to change without notice**
Our prices exclude installation, foundation, end framing, freight & taxes unless otherwise specified. Please inquire with any concerns.
- We offer 12 mil woven tarp in white or green
- White lets in quite a bit of light but no sunshine so it’s cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter. White has an 8-10 year expected life span.
- Green absorbs quite a bit of heat, which makes it about 10°C warmer in the summer. With little or no light penetration it is 10°C colder in the winter. Green has a 6 year expected life span.
- 7 mil white plastic comes with a 4 year warranty against deterioration by the sun. Single layer plastic has a 5 year expected life span. Replacement cost is about 1/3 that of tarp.
- Double layer plastic with air between is available as a way to stiffen buildings in severely windy areas. Double layer has a 7-8 yr expected life span. Package includes inflator fan.
- All packages include one layer of cover for both ends
Structure Components & Details
- Base Brackets with 2 lag bolts each to attach to beam, curb, wall, etc (foundation not included)
- Welded continuous ridge with U channel stubs at the prescribed hoop spacing according to local wind & snow load requirements
- Spacers between the hoops (2 per side on the larger buildings, 1 per side on the smaller buildings)
- Diagonal wind braces in each corner
- Wirelock to fasten the cover is composed of an aluminum channel with stainless steel spring inserts. It is included for both sets of end hoops. Sidewall wirelock is an optional extra.
- Choice between Base Bracket (included in pricing seen in brochure) or Anchor Posts for anchoring
- Anchor posts are an optional extra. These hollow steel tubes are 1 ¼ “ x 36” or 1 ¾ x 40”. There is one anchor post per hoop, usually set into concrete
- Anchor posts are not advisable for very heavy or stony ground because of shifting
- Anchoring the foundation is critical to the long term life of the building