Previously we outlined how to do a temporary fix for loose cover. This should not be left for an extended period.
Re-tightening a cover does not have to be done in one day.
- The job MUST split into two parts lengthwise.
- The cover must be pulled lengthwise BEFORE it is pulled from side to side.
- Make sure you do the tightening process on a calm, warm day.
- You should do the end which looks the worst first.
- This job will require taking ALL of the cover fasteners out.
Taking a short cut will leave you with more wrinkles.
Areas with wrinkles will flutter more and cause stress points.
This will also cause the cover to deteriorate quicker.
When you are tightening the cover, you should always pull 90 degrees to the wrinkle.
This means that after you have secured at the peak, most often you will be pulling diagonally to the corner.
Once you have done one end/half and the wind is still down, you can start loosing the fasteners on the other end and repeat the process until complete.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.