click here to download our salt storage brochure! (please see pricing below)
The photo above is our 30′ wide put on the ground beside the blocks. You can also mount it on the blocks.
Our packages most often come with a tarp cover for both ends.
The assembly instructions give pointers on how to frame in the back.
The finishing touch is one of our very economical roll up doors which typically keep out 90% of the weather.
These units can easily be mounted onto a beam which is secured to the top of one or more layers of big concrete blocks.
It is important to have a seal between the beam and the block so that rain water will run to the outside.
An important area of consideration when mounting a structure to more than two rows of blocks, is the way that the wind load increases exponentially as the height increases. (i.e. 50% increase in height doubles the wind load). This is why we often go with reduced hoop spacing for these situations.
TARP vs. PLASTIC
The big difference is that with TARP you get extremely high tear resistance with good annual cover cost, and with PLASTIC you get slightly less life span but even less annual cover cost.
- Custom widths, heights & hoop spacing
- Roof vents & forced ventilation packages
- Various types & sizes of doors with end framing priced separately
- 8mm poly-carbonate sheeting for roof and/or ends
- Roll up sides for natural ventilation & reduced condensation
- Cross ties for added rigidity, support or other storage
click here to download our salt storage brochure! Please see pricing below, click to enlarge and print
***Please use these prices as a guide only (current as of Feb 2021) & call for your custom quote, prices subject to change without notice**
Our prices exclude installation, foundation, end framing, freight & taxes unless otherwise specified. Please inquire with any concerns.
- We offer 12 mil woven tarp in white
- White lets in quite a bit of light but no sunshine so it’s cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter. White has an 8 year expected life span.
- 7.2 mil white plastic comes with a 5 year warranty against deterioration by the sun. Single layer plastic has a 5 year expected life span. Replacement cost is about 1/3 that of tarp.
- Double layer plastic with air between is available as a way to stiffen buildings in severely windy areas. Double layer has a 7-8 yr expected life span. Package includes inflator fan.
- All packages include one layer of cover for both ends
Structure Components & Details
- Base Brackets with 2 lag bolts each to attach to beam, curb, wall, etc (anchoring devices not included)
- Welded continuous ridge with U channel stubs at the prescribed hoop spacing according to local wind & snow load requirements
- Spacers between the hoops (2 per side on the larger buildings, 1 per side on the smaller buildings)
- Diagonal wind braces in each corner
- Wirelock to fasten the cover is composed of an aluminum channel with stainless steel spring inserts. It is included for both sets of end hoops. Sidewall wirelock is an optional extra.
- Choice between Base Bracket (included in pricing seen in brochure) or Anchor Posts for anchoring
- Anchor posts are an optional extra. These hollow steel tubes are 1 ¼ “ x 36” or 1 ¾ x 40”. There is one anchor post per hoop, usually set into concrete
- Anchor posts are not advisable for very heavy or stony ground because of shifting
- Anchoring the foundation is critical to the long term life of the building