click here to download our RV cathedral shelter brochure! (please see pricing below)
There are numerous applications where additional headspace takes priority over floor space. Multi Shelter Solutions has a CATHEDRAL shaped structure which is the result of simply taking a regular profile arch and reversing what is typically the top and bottom. This is another example of how our innovation creates a “custom” structure at standard pricing. This profile is our most snow resistant model. The 4 basic sizes combined with any length allow virtually any vehicle to be covered economically.
As in the above photograph, the cover is usually opaque, to allow light to come in but not sunlight which would allow fading and other harmful effects. The base is typically a pressure treated 6×6 or railroad tie pegged to the ground. Rather then construct large, expensive access doors, many of our customers build a simple closed end with small man door. This is dismantled during the operating season and reconstructed for the winter time.
TARP vs. PLASTIC
The big difference is that with TARP you get extremely high tear resistance with good annual cover cost, and with PLASTIC you get slightly less life span but even less annual cover cost.
- Custom widths, heights & hoop spacing
- Roof vents & forced ventilation packages
- Various types & sizes of doors with end framing priced separately
- 8mm polycarbonate sheeting for roof and/or ends
- Roll up sides for natural ventilation & reduced condensation
- Cross ties for added rigidity, support or other storage
click here to download our RV cathedral shelter brochure! Please see pricing below, click to expand and print
Replacement White Tarp for the roof, 9-10 years
(Sample examples, please call for your specific size)
18’x36′ Cathedral $821
16’x36′ Cathedral $684
14’x36′ Cathedral $616
12’x36′ Cathedral $547
**Please use these prices as a guide only (current as of August 2018) & call for your custom quote, prices subject to change without notice**
Our prices exclude installation, foundation, end framing, freight & taxes unless otherwise specified. Please inquire with any concerns.
- We offer 12 mil woven tarp in white or green
- White lets in quite a bit of light but no sunshine so it’s cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter. White has an 8 year expected life span.
- Green absorbs quite a bit of heat, which makes it about 10°C warmer in the summer. With little or no light penetration it is 10°C colder in the winter. Green has a 6 year expected life span.
- 6 mil white plastic comes with a 4 year warranty against deterioration by the sun. Single layer plastic has a 5 year expected life span. Replacement cost is about 1/3 that of tarp.
- Double layer plastic with air between is available as a way to stiffen buildings in severely windy areas. Double layer has a 7-8 yr expected life span. Package includes inflator fan.
- All packages include one layer of cover for both ends
Structure Components & Details
- Base Brackets with 2 lag bolts each to attach to beam, curb, wall, etc (anchoring devices not included)
- Welded continuous ridge with U channel stubs at the prescribed hoop spacing according to local wind & snow load requirements
- Spacers between the hoops (2 per side on the larger buildings, 1 per side on the smaller buildings)
- Diagonal wind braces in each corner
- Wirelock to fasten the cover is composed of an aluminum channel with stainless steel spring inserts. It is included for both sets of end hoops. Sidewall wirelock is an optional extra.
- Choice between Base Bracket (included in pricing seen in brochure) or Anchor Posts for anchoring
- Anchor posts are an optional extra. These hollow steel tubes are 1 ¼ “ x 36” or 1 ¾ x 40”. There is one anchor post per hoop, usually set into concrete
- Anchor posts are not advisable for very heavy or stony ground because of shifting
- Anchoring the foundation is critical to the long term life of the building