- 12 mil White tarp lets in quite a bit of light but no sunshine so it’s cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter. White has an 8-10 year expected life span.
- 7.2 mil white plastic comes with a 5 year warranty against deterioration by the sun. Single layer plastic has a 5 year expected life span. Replacement cost is about 1/3 that of tarp.
- Double layer plastic with air between is available as a way to stiffen buildings in severely windy areas. Double layer has a 7-8 yr expected life span. Package includes inflator fan.
- All packages include one layer of cover for both ends
Structure Components & Details
- Base Brackets with 2 lag bolts each to attach to beam, curb, wall, etc (foundation not included)
- Welded continuous ridge with U channel stubs at the prescribed hoop spacing according to local wind & snow load requirements
- Spacers between the hoops (2 per side on the larger buildings, 1 per side on the smaller buildings)
- Diagonal wind braces in each corner
- Wirelock to fasten the cover is composed of an aluminum channel with stainless steel spring inserts. It is included for both sets of end hoops. Sidewall wirelock is an optional extra.
- Choice between Base Bracket (included in pricing seen in brochure) or Anchor Posts for anchoring
- Anchor posts are an optional extra. These hollow steel tubes are 1 ¼ “ x 36” or 1 ¾ x 40”. There is one anchor post per hoop, usually set into concrete
- Anchor posts are not advisable for very heavy or stony ground because of shifting
- Anchoring the foundation is critical to the long term life of the building