- Cold Frames are typically covered with a single layer poly and have a 5-6 year expected lifespan.
- Greenhouses are typically covered with a double layer poly and have a 7-8 year expected lifespan.
- 7.2mil clear greenhouse plastic comes with a 5 year warranty against deterioration by the sun.
- White plastic should not be used for plants
- Packages with double cover include an inflator fan. This kit includes hanger bracket with adapter to fasten to the inside layer of the cover
- Double layer poly with air between reduces heat loss by 30% and minimizes condensation. It is very effective for stiffening buildings in severely windy areas
- All packages include one layer of plastic for both ends
Structure Components & Details
- Base Brackets with 2 lag bolts each to attach to beam, curb, wall, etc (anchoring devices not included)
- Welded continuous ridge with U channel stubs at the prescribed hoop spacing according to local wind & snow load requirements
- Spacers between the hoops (2 per side on the larger buildings, 1 per side on the smaller buildings)
- Diagonal wind braces in each corner
- Wirelock to fasten the cover is composed of an aluminum channel with stainless steel spring inserts. It is included for both sets of end hoops. Sidewall wirelock is an optional extra.
Roll up Sides
- No electricity needed with simple hand crank & stop
- Variable height possibilities according to wind area
- Roll up sides work best in combination with end vents located near the peak
- Unique locking strip that is guaranteed not to slip or become out of alignment
- Choice between Base Bracket (included in pricing seen in brochure) or Anchor Posts for anchoring
- Anchor posts are an optional extra. These hollow steel tubes are 1 ¼ “ x 36” or 1 ¾ x 40”. There is one anchor post per hoop, usually set into concrete
- Anchor posts are not advisable for very heavy or stony ground because of shifting
- Anchoring the foundation is critical to the long term life of the building