We have a unique structure that we have started offering more often. It is a round dome structure, with our standard hoops around a circular ridge piece. We have taken to calling this our “Canadian Igloo” Structure. Plastic is put on in separate pieces so it’s not for the new greenhouse assembler. We have them being used for everything from seminar areas to storage, whatever you would like a unique application for!
- Anchor posts which are hollow steel tubes driven into the ground under each hoop
- Brackets come with each anchor post to attach the base board (nuts and bolts included)
- The heavy duty, galvanized peak bracket comes with the appropriate number of factory welded stubs
- Hoops are rectangular galvanized steel, in one piece from top to bottom
- Cover fastener channel with stainless spring steel inserts
- Igloos typically covered with a single layer of 7.2 mil poly and have a 5-6 year expected lifespan.
- They can also be covered in a double layer poly, 12 mil tarp or lexan poly-carbonate
- 7.2 mil clear greenhouse plastic comes with a 5 year warranty against deterioration by the sun.
- White plastic should not be used for plants
Structure Components & Details
- Base Brackets with 2 lag bolts each to attach to beam, curb, wall, etc (anchoring devices not included)
- Welded circular ridge with U channel stubs
- Spacers between the hoops
- Wirelock to fasten the cover is composed of an aluminum channel with stainless steel spring inserts. It is included for both sets of end hoops. Sidewall wirelock is an optional extra.
- Choice between Base Bracket (included in pricing seen in brochure) or Anchor Posts for anchoring
- Anchor posts are an optional extra. These hollow steel tubes are 1 ¼ “ x 36” or 1 ¾ x 40”. There is one anchor post per hoop, usually set into concrete
- Anchor posts are not advisable for very heavy or stony ground because of shifting
- Anchoring the foundation is critical to the long term life of the building